I'm making it my personal mission to single-handedly eat my way across the nation, one delicious animal at a time.

Fire up the pit, here I come!!!!!

Search The Blog

Monday, April 1, 2013

Article: Busting Barbecue Myths with Daniel Vaughan

CNN 5@5 - Busting Barbecue Myths
Eatocracy
April 1, 2013
http://eatocracy.cnn.com/2013/04/01/55-busting-barbecue-myths/?on.cnn=1

Daniel Vaughan Prophets Smoked Meat BBQ Barbecue Barbeque Bar-B-Que Texas Monthly Editor Busting Myths

This is a great article about Dallas local Daniel Vaughan (aka BBQ Snob) of Full Custom Gospel BBQ fame. In the article, Mr. Vaughan debunks 5 myths about barbecue with an adept knowledge of smoked meat:

1. Barbecue sauce is mandatory
2. Grilling = BBQ
3. Fat is evil
4. Texans only know beef
5. "Falling off the bone" is a positive achievement

Check out the link above for the full article. Like Mr. Vaughan, I believe that sauce can be a pleasant addition to already tasty meat, but that properly cooked barbecue truly needs no sauce to be flavorful and delicious. I also couldn't agree more about meat that is proclaimed to be "fall-off-the-bone tender" being nothing more than overcooked mush.

On another note, I want to offer my most sincere congratulations to Mr. Vaughan on being named Texas Monthly's new barbecue editor. He is living the dream, and I am extremely jealous.

**********

Full Custom Gospel BBQ
http://www.fullcustomgospelbbq.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment